translationCore v2.1.1 Release Notes
translationCore is free, and both the software and all its content are open-licensed. We pray that this software will help to check Bible translations and will result in the growth and strengthening of the Church.
Release 2.1.1 Overview
v2.1.1 is a hotfix to address specific issues, because hotfixes do that sort of thing If you have experienced any of these issues, please install this new version using the links below.
- When exporting a project, the screen was dimmed and the alert was disabled. If the export failed, the user could not click the disabled alert and continue. This was unfortunate, but now, even if the export fails, the user can continue working.
- A number of checks in the translationNotes tool contain the ellipsis character (…) and translationCore marked those checks as having a problem with the content of the check. tC was wrong and we’re sorry.
- translationCore now warns users that some previous checks might be invalidated if the Gateway Language for translationNotes doesn’t use the same Greek or Hebrew text as translationWords or wordAlignment.
How to Install
- The installation may include installing an update to the .Net framework. After the installation completes, a .Net install dialog may remain on the screen. If that happens just click Cancel.
- The installation of Git is part of the installation process. If Git 2.9.2 or greater is not already on the computer, ensure the checkbox for installing Git is checked on the installation dialog. At the end of the installation, if automatically starting tC, you may receive a message indicating that Git needs to be installed. If that message appears, just click the “Close translationCore” button, then restart tC (the app, not the installation).
- After installation, starting the application can take a long time (7+ minutes on some machines). Please be patient. Subsequent launches of tC will be faster, but may still take a few minutes.
- Install the latest Git if Git 2.9.2 if it is not already on the computer.
- Go to https://git-scm.com/download/mac 2 and the executable should automatically download.
- If your download hasn’t started, click the link that says “Click here to download manually.”
- Open the downloaded file
- If your Mac’s permissions did not allow the installation to start then follow the following instructions:
- Go to System preferences
- Open Security & privacy
- Click on the “Open anyway” button at the bottom
- Then click open
- The installation should automatically start.
- Click continue
- Then Install
- It might take a few minutes to open tC the first time. Please be patient.
- If you have updated to High Sierra and get a message about Git being required, you will need to open your terminal and run:
- If you have updated to Mojave or Catalina and get a message about Git being required, you will need to open your terminal and run:
sudo xcode-select -s /Library/Developer/CommandLineTools
- If this does not work, you can launch the app from the command line. Open the terminal and run:
We Need Your Help!
There are two major ways you can help us improve translationCore:
- Leave user feedback - As you find bugs, nuisances, typos, or have other suggested improvements for tC, please use the user feedback to send us those suggestions! (Go to the Actions menu and click “User Feedback”.)
- App Localization - If you notice that some of the translated user interface can be improved or if you would like tC to be localized to a new language, you can help! We are using a crowd-sourced platform to localize translationCore. Localization text for tC is spread across three projects: https://crowdin.com/project/translationcore, https://crowdin.com/project/translationwords, https://crowdin.com/project/translationnotes, and https://crowdin.com/project/wordalignment. To help, you must create a user profile, select the correct language, find the correct word or phrase that needs to be improved, and suggest a change! If you would like to start a new language, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll complete the initial setup for you. (Note: all changes will be incorporated in the next release of tC.)