Import Options Menu
Starting from the Home page or ‘Your Translation Projects’ list window:
- Click on the 3-dot icon at the bottom left of the window.
- Choose Import Options from the menu.
- Choose import to import a project file.
- Wait for the import to happen.
If there is the same project already in the local program you will receive a warning message that states:
Project Already Exists
There is also this additional information: This project already exists locally. How would you like to proceed?
There are three choices to choose from:
- Clicking on the ‘Cancel’ button closes the message.
- The ‘Your Translation Projects’ window shows.
- The importing process will continue.
- When the message that the import is complete shows, click the ‘Close’ link.
- Open the project.
- If the imported translation has recent changes, they will now show in the text.
Warning : Choosing to overwrite the project will remove all information on the computer related to the previous local project.
- We recommend that you do not choose this option if you have previously uploaded the project to Door43.
- If you run into difficulty you can always contact email@example.com for help or submit a ticket using the “Open a Ticket” link above.
Occasionally, there may be differences between the information in the program and the information that is in the imported project. This is known as a conflict . When this happens, there will be this message:
There is also this additional information: Your project has been successfully imported. There are 2 chunks that contain new conflicts that need your attention.
Resolve the differences by following these steps:
- Click on the word ‘Close’ to close the message window.
- Open the project.
- Observe that there is a triangle icon in the left column. Click on the triangle icon to view only the chunks with a conflict.
- The text that was in the translation before the import is in a green box.
- The text that is new is in the blue box.
- Choose the text that has the preferred translation by clicking on that box.
- Confirm by clicking on the orange ‘Confirm’ button. Click on Cancel to not choose the text.
- The other text will disappear.
- Repeat all the above steps until all the conflicts have been resolved (the desired translations have been chosen.)
NOTE : resolve all conflicts before doing another export or import of the project.